Home

About Us

Advertisement

Contact Us

  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • WhatsApp
  • RSS Feed
  • TikTok

SIAYA TODAY

Your Trusted Voice Across the World.

Search

Royal Shockwave: Ex-Prince Andrew Arrested as Epstein Fallout Deepens

Editor Avatar
Editor
February 19, 2026
Royal Shockwave: Ex-Prince Andrew Arrested as Epstein Fallout Deepens

Britain’s monarchy has been thrust back into crisis as former Prince Andrew now known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, according to police.

The dramatic development comes amid renewed scrutiny of his long-running links to disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, whose network and associates continue to face global investigation.

In a statement released Thursday, Thames Valley Police confirmed officers arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk and are conducting searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

“The man remains in police custody at this time,” the force said, adding that the case is now active and subject to legal protections.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said investigators had opened a formal probe following a detailed assessment of the allegations.

The arrest follows the release by the United States Department of Justice of more than three million pages of files related to Epstein.

Some documents suggested that in 2010 the former royal — then serving as the UK’s trade envoy — shared reports from official trips with Epstein and even sought his views on investment opportunities in Afghanistan’s Helmand province.

Andrew has consistently denied wrongdoing.

Britain’s monarch, King Charles III, responded cautiously, saying “the law must take its course.”

Prime Minister Keir Starmer echoed the sentiment, stressing that “no one is above the law” and urging full cooperation with US investigators.

The royal family had earlier pledged to support any police inquiry involving the embattled duke.

Relatives of Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre said the arrest brought a measure of vindication.

Giuffre — who died by suicide in 2025 aged 41 — had alleged she was trafficked by Epstein to have sex with Andrew on three occasions when she was a minor. The former prince has repeatedly denied the claims.

He previously paid Giuffre a multimillion-pound settlement in 2022 without admitting liability.

Analysts say the development could further damage the image of the British royal family.

Political commentator Michael Walker described the situation as “incredibly damaging” to the monarchy’s credibility, arguing the institution has often appeared reactive rather than decisive in distancing itself from Andrew.

The scandal had already seen the duke stripped of royal titles and public roles, marking one of the steepest falls from grace in modern royal history.

Police say updates will be provided “at the appropriate time” as investigations continue. Legal experts note the case could take months — or longer — to unfold.

For Britain’s monarchy, however, the reputational fallout is already immediate, reopening painful questions about accountability, privilege and power at the highest levels of the establishment.

Stay tuned as this developing story unfolds.

40

SHARES
Share on Facebook
Post on X
Follow us

Featured Articles

  • PSC Power Shift? Francis Mejja Unveils Bold Plan to Digitise Records, End Ghost Workers

    PSC Power Shift? Francis Mejja Unveils Bold Plan to Digitise Records, End Ghost Workers

    February 20, 2026
  • Ultra-Modern Surgical Complex Nears Completion at Siaya Referral Hospital

    Ultra-Modern Surgical Complex Nears Completion at Siaya Referral Hospital

    February 20, 2026
  • Counties on the Spot as Ministry Raises Red Flag Over ECDE and VTC Underfunding

    Counties on the Spot as Ministry Raises Red Flag Over ECDE and VTC Underfunding

    February 20, 2026
  • ‘Framed and Freed!’ High Court Acquits Moi University Student David Mokaya, Sparks Ksh200M Showdown With Safaricom

    ‘Framed and Freed!’ High Court Acquits Moi University Student David Mokaya, Sparks Ksh200M Showdown With Safaricom

    February 20, 2026
  • “I Did Not Kill Sharon” — Okoth Obado Makes Dramatic Final Plea as Court Battle Nears Verdict

    “I Did Not Kill Sharon” — Okoth Obado Makes Dramatic Final Plea as Court Battle Nears Verdict

    February 20, 2026

Follow Us on

  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • VK
  • Pinterest
  • Last.fm
  • TikTok
  • Telegram
  • WhatsApp
  • RSS Feed

Categories

  • 12th Edition KICOSCA (11)
  • 2027 ELECTIONS (278)
  • 9th Devolution Conferencing (2)
  • AFRICA (77)
  • Agriculture (25)
  • APOLOGY (2)
  • BREAKING NEWS (1,429)
  • Business (91)
  • CHAN 2024 (5)
  • Communication (43)
  • CRIME (246)
  • Editor's Pick (24)
  • EDITORIAL (3)
  • Education (97)
  • Entertainment (10)
  • Environment (48)
  • FACT CHECK (5)
  • Finance (29)
  • Health (93)
  • Hi-Tech (17)
  • HOMABAY COUNTY (7)
  • INTERNATIONAL (104)
  • INVESTIGATIVE DESK (77)
  • KASIPUL 2025 (7)
  • KISUMU COUNTY (16)
  • Law & Order (169)
  • MIGORI COUNTY (6)
  • Motoring (2)
  • NATIONAL (159)
  • OPINION (78)
  • Politics (376)
  • Property (5)
  • RAILA AMOLLO ODINGA (29)
  • Relationship (36)
  • Science (5)
  • SIAYA COUNTY (274)
  • SIAYA TRADE & INVESTMENT CONFERENCE 2025 (12)
  • Society (12)
  • Sponsored Content (36)
  • SPORT (95)
  • Tourism (6)
  • Trade (21)
  • UGUNJA 2025 (16)
  • Uncategorized (224)

Archives

  • February 2026 (204)
  • January 2026 (375)
  • December 2025 (240)
  • November 2025 (226)
  • October 2025 (202)
  • September 2025 (241)
  • August 2025 (287)
  • July 2025 (125)
  • June 2025 (130)
  • May 2025 (88)
  • April 2025 (36)
  • March 2025 (12)

Tags

#ManchesterUnited #NationsLeague #OrengoforDevelopment #SITICO Kenyan

Edit profile

About Us

SIAYA TODAY

SIAYA TODAY is a premium online and print newsmagazine that strives for accuracy and timelines while providing a platform for discourse between the governors and the governed. From the level of a Whatsapp group to social media handles to digital and print magazine we focus on dialogue and connectivity

Latest Articles

  • PSC Power Shift? Francis Mejja Unveils Bold Plan to Digitise Records, End Ghost Workers

    PSC Power Shift? Francis Mejja Unveils Bold Plan to Digitise Records, End Ghost Workers

    February 20, 2026
  • Ultra-Modern Surgical Complex Nears Completion at Siaya Referral Hospital

    Ultra-Modern Surgical Complex Nears Completion at Siaya Referral Hospital

    February 20, 2026
  • Counties on the Spot as Ministry Raises Red Flag Over ECDE and VTC Underfunding

    Counties on the Spot as Ministry Raises Red Flag Over ECDE and VTC Underfunding

    February 20, 2026

CONTACT US:

siayatoday@gmail.com

dalaweekly@gmail.com

info@siayatoday.com

+254 720 378541

+254 733 602750

  • 12th Edition KICOSCA (11)
  • 2027 ELECTIONS (278)
  • 9th Devolution Conferencing (2)
  • AFRICA (77)
  • Agriculture (25)
  • APOLOGY (2)
  • BREAKING NEWS (1,429)
  • Business (91)
  • CHAN 2024 (5)
  • Communication (43)
  • CRIME (246)
  • Editor's Pick (24)
  • EDITORIAL (3)
  • Education (97)
  • Entertainment (10)
  • Environment (48)
  • FACT CHECK (5)
  • Finance (29)
  • Health (93)
  • Hi-Tech (17)
  • HOMABAY COUNTY (7)
  • INTERNATIONAL (104)
  • INVESTIGATIVE DESK (77)
  • KASIPUL 2025 (7)
  • KISUMU COUNTY (16)
  • Law & Order (169)
  • MIGORI COUNTY (6)
  • Motoring (2)
  • NATIONAL (159)
  • OPINION (78)
  • Politics (376)
  • Property (5)
  • RAILA AMOLLO ODINGA (29)
  • Relationship (36)
  • Science (5)
  • SIAYA COUNTY (274)
  • SIAYA TRADE & INVESTMENT CONFERENCE 2025 (12)
  • Society (12)
  • Sponsored Content (36)
  • SPORT (95)
  • Tourism (6)
  • Trade (21)
  • UGUNJA 2025 (16)
  • Uncategorized (224)

Subscriber Content

Add content here that will only be visible to your subscribers.

Subscribe to get access

Read more of this content when you subscribe today.

Log in
Login Form

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • X
  • VK
  • TikTok

Proudly Powered by WordPress | JetNews Magazine by CozyThemes.

Scroll to Top